Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love Hurts

I have on many occasions said that I get irrationally involved in things that take place on stages and screens, but it has recently come to my attention that the feeling I long for more than any in the world is to be in pain. Not real physical pain, but the pain that comes from being hurt by someone you care about so much, that you feel like you are dying inside. I know this feeling has been over romanticized by the medium aforementioned...but the thing is... it's also real. I have felt it before in my teens and my twenties and for some masochistic reason, I want to feel it again. There is something pure and unabated about the desperation that cannot be replicated by other heart-wrenching events. It is vulnerability and strength. It is control and the loss of it. It is beautiful.

No comments: