Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy. Simply.

I am just happy. There is no one thing, person or event that has caused this happiness. It is almost empty but in a glorious way. I am simply happy. I can't remember the last time that happened. The kind of happy that has you smiling for no reason. Acting goofier than an adult is supposed to (especially in her office). Singing along with a song on the bus and not realizing til it's too late happy. (Sorry to the two others in the back of the 33Express this morning) It is basic. Reptilian even. Like this morning my DNA decided to wake up on the right side of the bed. My contacts had morphed into rose colored lenses. This is unusual.

Don't get me wrong I am not a person prone to fits of depression. I have my moments of course. I am female, after all. My hormones are often out of my control. But I am not about to write a personal edit of The Bell Jar. I am just a realistic, idealistic, hopeless romantic, pragmatic, imagination activated female and those personality traits don't usually result in a life soundtrack that includes heavy play of "I'm Walking on Sunshine". Sure it's in there every once in a while...but my mixed tape is pretty light on the 80's pop. Except when I was a child and that is all I heard. Wild Wild West and Whitney Houston. Now that was great. Sort of like today. It was just great, and I am going to do everything in my power to just enjoy it. No questions, no answers, just a smile on my face and the faint sound of a synthesizer in my ears.

No comments: