Wednesday, May 26, 2010

GleeKed Out...

After last night's Glee Live at the Rosemont theatre I am walking around today in a hazy afterglow. The kind of afterglow that would make Sue Sylvester say something like...

"I'm going to ask you to smell your armpits. That's the smell of failure, and it's stinking up my office."

But I just can't help it. Hearing Kurt's crystal clear soprano made me believe, much like Brittany, that he could be mine one day. Watching Finn stumble his way around the stage proving his charm with every determined step made me giddy. Listening to Mercedes voice run a marathon in almost every song was moving. It all made me feel like I was defying gravity. Even a non Gleek, my mother, likened the experience to the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. There were times when the screaming fans drown out the sound of New Directions. It was pandemonium and I was in the thick of it.

Seeing it live may have been a mistake, because what was once just a deep love and devotion, is now a full blown obsession. I have been singing mash-ups in my head all day. I can see everybody's halo because I AM walking on sunshine. So much so, that I had to plan a special luncheon with a fellow Gleek just so I could process out loud just how much I love the show, Kurt, the concept, the music, the social commentary, Kurt, the Broadway nods, the high school memories and of course Kurt. It is a night that will stay with me much like the many immortal words of Sue Sylvester.

She once said, "I can't wait to start singing and dancing and maybe even putting on the Ritz a little bit."

I couldn't agree more. Listening to the cast sing and watching them dance just made me want to join in. It was unadulterated and euphoric. It was a feeling, well a feeling that baby I just can't fight anymore.

I am a GLEEK for LIFE!!!!

No comments: