Thursday, January 21, 2010

Big Waxing Sale.

I was on my way to meet some friends for dinner and a movie the other night, so I was taking a different route than my usual. I walked to the bus stop on Clark, and stood waiting for the next bus to arrive. Since it was a new environment for me, I took in the cross streets and the businesses around me. One window in particular caught my eye. It was a nail salon that also provided waxing services. The only reason I know this is because one of the windows had a large sign hanging. There were three words on it.

'Big Waxing Sale'.

Now, I don't know about you, but as a female, WTF was the first thing that went through my head. As a former salon employee the second thing that went through my head was, did you order too much wax and now are trying to use it before it goes bad. Or has it already gone bad and you know that the results of waxing with are going to be so catastrophic that you want to get as much money in the door as you can before the man comes to close you down??? Or maybe someone was afraid the wax was going to take over the store like the blob.

Maybe it was advertising snobbery that turned me off, or perhaps it's the fact that those three words should never go together in the same sentence, if you can even call it that. Either way, it made me curious, but not enough to ever step into an establishment that would put that sign in the window.

No comments: